Professional analog gas sensor
- Infrared, electrochemical and MOS sensor options
- Detects CFC, HCFC, HFC, refrigerants, oxygen, toxic and combustible gases
- Selectable current or volt analog output
- IP66 housing options, including remote and duct mount sensors
- Built-in relay with adjustable set-point.
The MGS-150 Gas Detector can meet almost any gas detection need with multiple sensor options for real-time monitoring of refrigerants, oxygen, combustible and toxic gases. It includes user-selectable current or volt analog outputs, allowing connectivity to most BMS, SCADA or central control systems. Status LEDs and a buzzer are integrated for local alarming while an onboard relay with user-adjustable set-point can connect to external visual/audible alarms.
A variety of enclosure options, including an economical IP41 housing and a dust/water tight IP66 housing, allow the MGS-150 transmitters to be placed in the toughest environments. Special remote sensor configurations are available for applications where mounting in vent pipes, duct work or other tight spaces is required.
Typical applications include:
• Detection of refrigerants, including ammonia, carbon dioxide and gases from the group of hydrocarbons and hydrofluorides- HFCs, HCFCs, CFCs.
• Detection of combustible gases such as: methane, LPG, propane, butane and hydrogen
• Detection of toxic gases such as: carbon dioxide and ammonia in refrigeration, hydrogen sulphide in sewage treatment plants, carbon monoxide in parking lots
• Detection of volatile organic compounds such as: acetone, benzene, carbon tetrachloride, chloroform, ethanol, toluene, trichlorethylene.
Bacharach also offers control panels for the construction of standardized detection systems. The model range supports 2 to 16 channels.
An important argument for choosing a sensor is its compliance with applicable standards. Murco/Bacharach sensors have the following approvals:
• Legislation: F Gas Regulation, EH40
• Standards: EN378, ASHRAE 15, ASHRAE 147
• Regulatory Approvals: UL, CE, CSA, IEC and EN
|Type||Gas detector using IR, electrochemical or semiconductor sensors|
|Gases||Refrigerants:||Ammonia, Carbon Dioxide, Hydrocarbons, and HFCs, HCFCs, CFCs|
|Combustible gases:||Methane, Propane, Butane, LPG, and Hydrogen|
|Toxic gases:||Ammonia, Carbon Dioxide, Carbon Monoxide, Chlorine, Hydrogen Chloride, Hydrogen Cyanide, Hydrogen Sulfide, Nitric Oxide, Nitrogen Dioxide, Ozone, Sulfur Dioxide, and Oxygen|
|Measuring Range *||ppm, %LEL or Vol%|
|Status Indicators||Green and red LEDs|
|Analog Output||4 to 20 mA, 0 to 5 V, 0 to 10 V, 1 to 5 V, 2 to 10 V|
|Power Supply||12/24 VDC or 24 VAC; 4-wire|
|Audible Alarm||85 dB buzzer|
|Relay||1 alarm relay, SPDT|
|Rating 1 A @ 24 VDC / 24 VAC, resistive load|
|Alarm delay 0, 1, 5, or 10 minutes; user-selectable|
|Ambient Conditions*||Temperature||IP41 - 4 to +122 °F (- 20 to +50 °C)|
|IP66 - 40 to +122 °F (- 40 to +50 °C)|
|Humidity||0 to 95 %RH, non condensing|
|Altitude||0 to 10,000 ft (3,050 m)|
|Enclosure||Ex d; Copper Free Aluminum|
|Size (w x h x d)
|IP41 3.35” x 5.59” x 2.09" (86 x 142 x 53 mm)|
|IP66 6.89” x 6.5” x 3.29” (175 x 165 x 82 mm)|
|Ex d 5.51” x 7.09” x 3.54” (140 x 180 x 90 mm)|
|Weight Approx. *||IP41 6.3 oz (180 g)|
|IP66 22 oz (629 g)|
|Ex d 9.3 lbs (2.2 kg)|
|Approvals||CE, UL, CSA, IEC, EN 61010-1|
|* See datasheet for details|